El Topo's 3rd Annual Chili Eating Competition
How hot can you handle?
Register now to compete in the El Topo Chili Eating Competition, taking place on Cinco de Mayo (5th May) at 7:30pm. The competition starts out mild before quickly climbing the scoville scale to some of the hottest chilies in the world! Last person standing will receive a fantastic prize from our sponsors and a $150 gift voucher to The Eastern!
To register, simply email your name and contact number to email@example.com and write 'Chili Master' in the subject.
We've got a special guest DJ and drinks specials on for the night and for the after party so whether you're in it to win it or there to check out the action, the El Topo Mexican terrace will be the most fun night out for Cinco De Mayo!
1. Eat each, and every chilli down to the stalk. When finished hold the stalks in the air. If there is any left after the allotted time, the contestant will be disqualified.
2. If a contestant spits out, or regurgitates, any of their chillies, they will be disqualified.
3. Each contestant has a glass of Milk in front of them, Milk kills the heat. Should any contestant take a sip of either the milk, or any other drink, they will be disqualified!
4. Time to eat is 30 seconds. Any longer and the contestant is disqualified!
5. With each round the chillies get hotter and hotter!
6. The person left will be declared the winner.
El Topo Mexican
500 Oxford Street
Bondi Junction, 2022